A while back I did a post about 101 Signs that tell you’re a drama addict and now I thought I’d do one about being a fangirl/ fanboy!
I was talking to my friend the other day (about work, life in general) and without knowing it I kept randomly inserting spazz fests and kept asking her stuff like,
“Have you watched so-and-so’s new MV?” or stuff like, “Oh whatever. You know who’s hot these days?” All this in the middle of her life woes. So my friend got annoyed, shrugged and said as though she were casting an evil spell, “Pssh. You’re such a fangirl.”
I don’t know when the word “fangirl” became such a derogatory word, but I guess when you do it TOO MUCH, it can’t be a good thing. *change to fanboy if you’re a boy* Here are the signs:
– Your computer takes 50 years to load. Your pic and vid stash even from years ago have gathered dust and fungus in your computer memory—yet you still refuse to delete a single thing.
– Right-click-save is your most used mouse function.
– Your wall/screen saver is populated by these people:
– Your calendar is marked with your fave stars’ birthday, group debut anniversary/monthsary—while you forget your own friends’ birthdays.
– Related to the one above—you celebrate your idol’s birthday by lighting a candle beside his/her photo (kinda creepy!) or bake a cake just for the occasion.
– Your room is filled with posters, stickers of idols, so much so that the paint on the walls is peeling off.
– Memorabilias, collectibles, concert t-shirts, glowsticks… you’ve got it all! Even the tissue used and thrown by your idol.
GIMME THAT TISSUE!!!
– If your house caught on fire, your most precious idol collection will be the first thing you’ll save.
– Your hair cut/style must be one of these:
Jaebeom’s buzz cut
Dara’s palm tree hair
FTI’s color fantastic
– Your wardrobe consists of:
Girls’ Generation trademark colored jeans
Big Bang’s…. uhm, style.
– Your accessories consist of:
Jaejoong & Kimbum earrings
– If you’re in a meeting/ class, then your cell phone suddenly rings, it will sound like: “Gee, gee, gee, baby baby” or “Again and again and again…” or any idol song.
– If you go clubbing with your friends, you find yourself doing the “Sorry Sorry” hand motions, “Crack, crack, crack” clapping, “Nobody” pointing, SNSD’s Genie leg flicking, Khun chest rubbing and top it all off with Rainism body touching.
– You find yourself saying “It’s a conspiracy!!” even if the situation does not call for it, or “OMONA!” ala Sohee, or “Ohkay!” ala Hyori.
IT”S A CONSPIRACY!!
– Your friends are either from LJ communities omonatheydidnt/aramatheydidnt or any other K/JPOP community.
– You think celebrity twitters are fake—BUT YOU STILL ADD THEM ANYWAY.
– CURRENT EVENTS = ZERO KNOWLEDGE.
– When it comes to searching stuff about your idols, your Internet searching skills are as intense and precise as a seasoned netizen. But when it comes to real work you FAIL.
– You notice even the littlest things such as this:
– You manipulate pictures like this:
– You see yourself as one of the people in this picture:
– You have NO boyfriend/ girlfriend. [ouch!]
– If ever you do have a boyfriend/gf, it’s all in the mind. [ouch! *runs into my invisible boyfriend Jaebeom’s muscular arms*]
– Speaking of delusions, THIS. B*tch. You HATE.
– You’re not a jealous person, but you get jealous when you see this:
Rub some more salt in your wounds why don’t ya
– BUT YOU DO NOT GET JEALOUS WHEN YOU SEE THIS:
– If you’re a girl, you wish you were carrying the child of:
– Your standards for finding a bf/gf are very high. He must have TOP’s eyes, Khun’s smile, Minho’s adam’s apple and Junsu’s butt. If she’s a girl she must have Yuri’s legs, Yoobin’s S line and Hyori’s charisma.
– You secretly peek into FANFICS….
Hyori: fanboy’s fantasy
…and vehemently deny if anyone asks what you’re doing.
– As a fangirl, you can’t help but smile and think dirty thoughts while watching this:
and feel incredibly NOT guilty.
Lastly, you spend hours making stupid and useless lists like this.
If you say YES to more than half of this list, welcome to the club!
I AM NOT A FANGIRL OKAY???
photocreds some from kpop humor, omona LJ comm:)