Okay, I was going to keep quiet about it but it has bothered me to no end. I was lurking around LJ two days ago and I was surprised to find people who actually admitted that Nichkhun is overrated.
I was like, HUWAAAATTT?! *makes a fist and clutches chest ala Suju and dies* What’s more surprising is that a lot of people are agreeing, though reluctantly. Anyways, I made use of my superpower Nancy Drew netizen skills to dig in deeper and I found some comments (even some in youtube) that share the same sentiment. Here’s what some people had to say:
*P.S. If you recognize your comment here, I don’t mean any harm. Some of them are actually pretty funny*
– “Sorry, but boy got annoying.”
– “I still think he’s cute, but he’s getting too much attention. Honestly, I think he’s been treated like a prince his whole life because of the way he looks. I mean it’s been proven, every time he winks he gets advantages.”
– “I just wish things weren’t so obviously biased in his favor all the time.”
– “Khun’s innocent image is totally manufactured… by both the writers, the company, and the fans. But yeah, as much as I like Khun, it’s really uncomfortable that the other members tend to fall in the shadows. 😦 ”
– “It’s like PCD Nicole and the Backup Dancers.” <—- LMAO.
– “Finally someone admitted he’s overrated. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. ”
– “Honestly, he’s a little boring. He may have the charms, but I wouldn’t want to watch a reality show if he’s the only one starring in it.”
– “I’d rather take a peek of Jay’s abs than get Khun’s wink!”
– “He looks like the old Daniel Radcliffe in that Thai poster. And that’s a bad thing.” <—– LOL.
– “Sometimes his eyebrows scare me.”
(Comments about his Thai tourism poster):
– “Is it just me or are these not the most flattering pictures…? :X”
– “That picture is photoshopped to death. O_O”
-“He’s a bit too pale to be promoting Phuket, popular beach city” <—-ROFL
Okay, now let ME try to find reasons why people think he’s overrated.
He likes wearing them BRIGHT COLORED pants….
A little TOO MUCH. I think they mistook Taecyeon as the fashion terrorist. Khun is the CULT LEADER of fashion terrorists!
No, he DOES NOT look adorable and cuddly when he makes cute facial expressions. No, you wouldn’t want to put him inside your pocket and take him home. Puppy dog of 2PM? Nah.
No, he’s not charming AT ALL. That’s why girls of all ages, celebrity or non-celebrity can’t help but fall for his charms.
He’s boring because he’s such a sport for doing silly, random things in variety shows.
He’s annoying because he’s NOT afraid to look like a fool in front of the camera. Whatever.
He’s so annoying because he can do anything without getting embarrassed, and does it for the sake of entertainment. Pffft. You call that a skill? Anyone can do that!
No, his wink CANNOT make girls faint and roll over to the ground.
He’s overrated because he can make noonas fall over even with a simple “lalalalala.” Pffft. Se7en made “Lalalala” happen years ago.
He’s overrated because he makes the Thais proud and represents his home country, even further opening Thailand to other Kpop celebs who want to widen their market. And he looks like he will get beat up real bad in Muay Thai.
No, he DOES NOT look incredibly cute because he loves drinking Fraps at the airport. Whatever dude. Real men drink hot espressos.
Did I say he DOES NOT look cute with his facial expressions like that?? Psssh. So corny.
No, HE SO DOES NOT LOOK SEXY AT ALL. You call that abs? Come on! And no, I DO NOT right-click-save every time I see a pic of Khun. No, I don’t have “khunnieboy” as my laptop password. And no, I DO NOT look at his photos whenever I’m feeling sad or hungry.
No, those elastic leather pants DO NOT look good on him. Geez. Any random guy from the streets can work that thang better. Gangsta wannabe.
Okay, I bluffed. Like it wasn’t already obvious. I do admit Khun gets too overexposed and sometimes I feel bad for the rest of 2PM especially in Idol Army when they have worked so hard while Khun gets undeserved wins because PD-noonas and writers fawn all over him. As Jay says, “IT’S A CONSPIRACY!!!” And sometimes I’d like to hear other members speak but the MC’s keep talking to him or when he’s not around, the first thing they’ll ask is “Where’s Khun?” Then they’ll go, “Oh okay. The rest of 2PM will have to do I guess.”
But it’s also obvious why he gets all the attention. He admits that he feels bad for being recognized only because of his face and he works hard to prove himself. Anyways, I won’t rave too much otherwise I’ll just go on and on [even if Jay is my fave].
But I just want to know, who else out there thinks he’s overrated? Honestly. Don’t worry I won’t hunt you down.