With the outpouring of rumors of DBSK’s disbanding and conflicts, we knew it was only a matter of time before at least one of them breaks the ice. Fans all over the world are in panic. Right now, a lot of news have surfaced, so much so that it has become a game of he said, they said between DBSK and SM Entertainment. So let us take this opportunity to finally say our piece regarding the issue with an open letter to SM Ent., particularly Lee Soo Man.
“TVXQ has had a 13 year (according to some) “slave contract,” with SM Entertainment. And TVXQ members have only received a 0.5% increase in salary over the past 5 years despite their amazing success and huge fanbase. All 5 members are actually preparing to sue SM Entertainment because of this, not just Junsu, Yoochun, and Jaejoong. Junsu’s dad had been the representative of the 5 members and was at the head of the preparations to sue SM Entertainment. But SM entertainment found out about the pending lawsuit and proceeded to “bully around” Junsu. Yunho and Changmin aren’t sueing SM at the moment, but neither are they resigning with SM at the end of their contract. Contrary to rumors, there has been no conflict within TVXQ members, and the whole issue is been between the members and SM Entertainment. SM has been taking from 70%-90% of the profits that TVXQ makes, leaving only 10%-30% for the members themselves.”
I won’t go into much details because I’m sure a lot of statements will be released soon.
We have seen DBSK literally grow up right before our eyes. They’ve become our “oppas,” little brothers and friends (sometimes boyfriends for some!). We’ve grown to love and support them as the years passed by.
We even overloooked their bad hairstyles and forgave their fashion mishaps.
We are thankful (as they are) that they’ve been given a lot of opportunities in different countries, as they have become the representative boy band of Korea that everyone is proud of.
As they became more and more successful, we saw their triumphs and even though they literally didn’t know who we are, even in the distance, we felt as though we’ve won too.
We laughed and cried with them as if we were there.
More and more they looked dead tired. (Notice Micky’s menthol plaster on his neck and Jaejoong’s pillow)
They got hurt, injured and exhausted just to bring us entertainment—but despite all the hardship they always performed their best, never disappointing us, their fans.
Stop treating them as “slaves” and set them free.
….because we don’t want them to take their final bow… AS A GROUP.
P.S. To my readers, now’s the time to post your own thoughts/sentiments/messages regarding this matter. There’s no reason to panic, so let’s just support the boys and hope that this will be resolved soon. [CREDITS. allkpop.com]
Tohoshinki, we’ll Stand By You!
Filed under: Uncategorized |